Helping your camp counsellors become leaders
The best things a camp leader can do is spot the potential in a young person and tell him or her about it.
One of the most influential people in my camp life was my counsellor named Ian at Camp Kintail. When I was 11 years old he talked to me in a quiet moment and said "Travis, you will make a great CIT". I think that 5 seconds set me on the path for the next 25 years.
How do you talk to your budding All-Stars about taking on a bigger role next summer?
Tool of the Week – make yourself a better Camp Director
- Gab - Simon Stamp
- Joe - Battle Stilts (build your own adjustable stilts)
- Theresa - CampBrain
- Travis - MudWatt Microbial Fuel Cell Kit
(please note: Amazon products are affiliate links)
- Gabrielle Raill, Director at Camp Ouareau
- Joe Richards, Executive Director at Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Theresa McDonald-Lee, Executive Director at Camp Kintail
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Leadership and Marketing Consultant at Walking Maverick