Getting Accredited by the American Camps Association (or you local association)
It was a great pleasure to chat today with Dave Bell from CampLeadership.org about the value of camp association accreditation - for the camps and for the visitors themselves.
We missed having Dan, Gab and Joe on this episode and I look forward to our last recording before taking some time off for Christmas.
Is your camp accredited? Have you found that process a help or a hinderance to being a better summer camp?
Leave us an answer in the comments below.
Tool of the Week - Something that you use to make yourself a better Camp Director
- Dave - Evernote - your external brain
- Travis - Scientific Tuesdays from House Hacker - great videos to show your nature/creation director before next summer.
- Dave Bell, Co-founder of CampLeadership.org
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Leadership and Marketing Consultant at Walking Maverick
- For the best source of summer camp information on Facebook become a fan of CampHacker.
- If you are interested in more educational information about running a summer camp join our free email newsletter for summer camp leaders free email newsletter for summer camp leaders.
Thanks for the evening, friends.