Focusing on environmental sustainability at your camp
Do you believe in your role as an environmental educator? On this week’s CampHacker podcast we bring together a panel of camp leaders at camps committed to being green and SUPER-green.
As hosts of intentional communities we take our roles very seriously – we look to purchase sustainably, reduce our waste and inspire kids and staff to understand their impact on the planet.
Listen for some great ideas for greening your summer camp.
Here are some photos Dan sent through of the Dining Hall food separation system at Frost Valley.
What do you do at your camp to be green?
Tool of the Week – make yourself a better Camp Director
- Dan: Tent & Trails Songs from American Camp Association
- Joe: Director’s Camp
- Travis: 60-Minute Spring Loaded Wall Timer, White
- David: Phillip Gulley devotion books - Front Porch Tales, Hometown Tales
(please note: Amazon products are affiliate links)
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Consultant - CampHacker.org
- Joe Richards, Executive Director - Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Dan Weir, Director of Camping Services – Frost Valley YMCA
- David Gill, Executive Director – Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center. Check out Solar Under The Sun – Ferncliff’s solar energy training program.