Building a Team to Support Your Own Leadership
A Mastermind Group is:
Coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.
(from Napoleon Hill's book: Think and Grow Rich - [affiliate link])
We've been talking on both the Camp Professionals Group and our CampHacker Patreon page about the idea of Mastermind Groups for camp leaders. I believe that a Mastermind Group could be a huge success factor for busy directors. I, personally, have a Moving Mastermind group that I loved. It met every Monday at 06:45a.m.
I'm going to use this space to lay out how a group will work.
Definition of Mastermind Group
A small group that you meet with for the purpose of reinforcing growth and success while offering support to one another; a group that has been identified and set aside to concentrate specifically on growth and manifesting success in the following areas; finances, spirituality, relationships, and or health. Mastermind groups achieve success by visualizing goals, creating intentions, setting achievable goals, and sharing resources.
The Ideal Group (4-6 members)
- can be a non-compete group
- can have a non disclosure contract
What Will I Get From a MasterMind Group?
- people who share your passion for business growth and want to help you
- a team of people who will work together with you to solve tough problems in your business
- a regular companions who are going through the same things you are at the tough times of the year
- friends who will hold you accountable for the plans you make
What will meetings be like?
- if you live close to your group you can arrange to meet on a regular basis
- you should plan to meet for one hour at least twice per month. Many effective masterminds meet once a week
- it is still possible to meet regularly with your group if you choose to use free, online meeting tools (Google Hangouts, Zoom.us)
- In a meeting people will take turns being in the "hot seat" - this will be their week to ask questions or getting the group to brainstorm solutions to a particular problem
- At the end of the call each Mastermind member shares one resource (book, website, application, consultant recommendation, etc.)
I share this outline in hopes that camp leaders will be able to set up their own Mastermind groups. There is a lot of sharing and Mastermind organizing going on right now on the Summer Camp Professionals group on Facebook.
CampHacker Insider Mastermind members will get an additional 30 minutes of 1 on 1 consulting time with me.